Friday, December 9, 2011

Attitudes/Diversity and Values

Well, there isn't a lot of controversy taking place in the archives at Presbyterian College. So it's rather hard to talk about how my values were challenged and how I encountered diversity. In talking to Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Leckie, I found out that their backgrounds were similar to my own and we shared many of the same beliefs. However, despite a level of controversy, I have gained more than I could ask for this semester. In addition to transferable work skills and job experience, I would like to think that I've gained to new and very good friends in Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Leckie.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with these ladies this semester. They are witty, funny, kind, and so very smart. Despite our gaps in age, we had a lot in common. I found it easy to talk to and relate to both of them. Mrs. Griffith became my go-to for advice both personal, academic, and career related and Mrs. Leckie was always there to hear my troubles and my triumphs. Mrs. Griffith has been tremendously helpful in so many areas. She has helped me to find possible jobs after graduation, and she's even referred me to an oral surgeon to have my wisdom teeth extracted. Mrs. Leckie helped me through the crisis of having one of my roommates moving out. She also always wanted to know what I thought about certain issues and historical points. They both took such a sincere and kind interest in me, and I cannot think them enough. They were my rock this semester, and I do not know how I would have made it through everything I had to go through without them. We shared so much and I learned so much from them this semester. I can never thank them enough, and I cannot wait to go visit the archives again next year! It makes me sad to leave this internship, but I know that I leave it having forged friendships and connections in the archives and with the pleasure of being able to say that I've worked with Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Leckie.

No comments:

Post a Comment